Promoting Excellence in Case Research, Writing and Teaching
The North American Case Research Association (NACRA) is a nonprofit, voluntary professional association whose mission is to promote excellence in case research, writing and teaching in business and other academic disciplines. We seek to accomplish our mission through a set of interrelated activities, including the following:
- Sponsoring an annual meeting for the presentation and improvement of new, peer-reviewed cases and papers on issues related to case pedagogy;
- Publishing a quarterly peer-reviewed journal, the Case Research Journal, the premier journal for outstanding teaching cases grounded in research;
- Promoting worldwide distribution and use of NACRA cases in multiple media throughout the world
- Providing professional development seminars and activities aimed at enhancing skills in case research, writing and teaching;
- Working to enhance the legitimacy and status of case research and pedagogy within academic institutions and professional associations; and
- Supporting the work of an international group of NACRA-affiliated strategic partners and collaboration with other professional organizations having complementary objectives.
As a collaborative organization of researchers, case writers and teachers from across the globe who support each other’s research, writing, and pedagogy of business case studies, membership is open to all persons interested in research, writing and teaching cases in business and other academic disciplines. A copy of NACRA’s constitution, revised and adopted by the membership in 2021, may be downloaded here.
On December 9th, 2021, the NACRA Executive Board unanimously adopted a statement on contract cheating, and ask all members, case teachers and instructors to abide by the following:
- Our members pledge to respect the copyright and instructor-only purpose of published cases and instructor manuals, and to keep model case answers and analyses secure.
- Case teachers and instructors educate their students about the unethical and potentially dangerous practices of contract cheating and ghostwriting, as part of the negative impact of cheating.
- Case teachers and instructors develop course assignments and assessment methods that are resistant to contract cheating, and to share effective mitigation methods.
- Stand in solidarity with the International Center for Academic Integrity’s International Day of Action Against Contract Cheating, and other initiatives to find legal and market solutions to contract cheating.
Annual Individual Membership Dues are $40. Benefits Include:
- The opportunity to connect with leading case researchers, writers and teachers. Our annual meeting offers opportunities for professional development, presentation and discussion of cases, as well as papers on case pedagogy, case research and more.
- Educator access to the Case Research Journal (CRJ). The CRJ is the premier journal for teaching cases grounded in research.
- The opportunity to serve in a leadership position for NACRA and the annual conference.
- All mailings, including the NACRA newsletter.
- Access to the Membership Directory and ability to contact members
- NACRA Membership and Case Research Journal print subscriptions are available as separate purchases only
- Canada, Mexico and USA members pay $85/year
- All other international members pay $115/year
Individual memberships are $40 a year, and run from December 1 – November 30, with the option to select auto-renew.
For more information about our association, please download our Newcomer’s Guide to NACRA.